Friday, May 13, 2011

My Trash. Your Treasure.





So this has been the first week of my 7 month pledge and to kick it off I had a clothes swap over the weekend with some girlfriends. After munching on macaroons and browsing organic food shops in Balmain, I got some girlfriends together for an evening of tea and scones and a clothes swap! I came away with a pair of black over-the-knee suede boots which I had been searching for for ages!Also a Witchery shrug, a summer dress and a beanie. Everyone left with at least three new items for their wardrobe and a big smile on their face!
The crazy thing is that according to the Australia Institute we spend $1.7 billion on clothing that is either never worn or worn very little. Rather than keeping these unworn pieces clogging up our wardrobes we can swap with friends and let someone else wear our valuable but unused clothes. This is a really good way to avoid wasteful consumption of precious resources and helps us look at more planet friendly and resourceful alternatives!

And I gotta say it feels good to find a new fashion fix whilst not spending a penny!

1 comment:

  1. sounds fun! i really want to do a clothes swap one of these days...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and make my day!